COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines
Community safety continues to be a high priority for Hamilton Fringe and factors into all planning for all our programs and events. The Hamilton Fringe follows all municipal, provincial, and federal health and safety guidelines.
This information will be updated with any new information or guidelines as it becomes available.
The 2021 Hamilton Fringe Festival offers online performances that audiences can engage with from their homes, as well as Skip The Glitches performances live at-a-distance outdoors on your lawn. Skip The Glitches performances require patrons to agree in writing that they will follow all current public health COVID-19 protocols including: wearing a mask, maintaining physical distancing of 6 feet or more, and gathering in groups of no more than ten (10).
It is recommended to self-isolate if you have any of the following symptoms:
- ––fever (feeling hot to the touch, a temperature of 37.8 degrees Celsius or higher)
- ––cough that’s new or worsening (continuous, more than usual)
- ––barking cough, making a whistling noise when breathing (croup)
- ––shortness of breath (out of breath, unable to breathe deeply)
- ––sore throat
- ––difficulty swallowing
- ––runny, stuffy or congested nose (not related to seasonal allergies or other known causes or conditions)
- ––lost sense of taste or smell
- ––pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- ––headache that’s unusual or long lasting
- ––digestive issues (nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain)
- ––muscle aches
- ––extreme tiredness that is unusual (fatigue, lack of energy)
- ––falling down often
- ––for young children and infants: sluggishness or lack of appetite
You must also self-isolate if you can answer “yes” to any of the following conditions:
- —Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- —Are you a close contact of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- —Have you been instructed to quarantine or self-isolate by a medical professional or public health authority?
In order to limit crowd sizes and to maintain the safety of the Hamilton Fringe staff and volunteers, tickets are available for purchase online and in advance. An outdoor on-site Festival Box Office will be open throughout the festival for in-person cash, debit, and credit transactions––located at Bridgeworks Event Space, 125 Barton St. W., South Building.
For assistance with purchasing tickets, you can reach our remote box office staff via email or by leaving a voicemail.
If you have any questions about Hamilton Fringe’s health and safety guidelines, please contact email@example.com or phone us at 289-698-2234.